Board Policies have been developed to highlight and support the very important governance function of the Board. In addition to clearly defining the role of the Board, the role of the Superintendent and the delegation of authority from the Board to the Superintendent, they include the following policies.
- Foundational Statements which provide guidance and direction of all activities within the Division.
- Directions for how the Board itself is to function and how individual trustees are to conduct themselves; how Board committees and representatives are to function;
- Statements as to how appeals and hearing will be conducted;
- Non-delegable matters such as school closures and policy-making; and
- Specific matters which the Board has chosen not to delegate to the Superintendent.
Board Policies are intended to be supplemented by Administrative Procedures; the primary written documents by which the Superintendent directs staff.
View the Board Policies:
View the supplemented Administrative Procedures:
100 General Administration
200 Instructional Programs and Materials
400 Personnel and Employee Relations
500 Business Administration